Sunday, September 4, 2011

Week 3


Husker Football!!! Enjoyed my first Nebraska football game and celebrated the 312th consecutive sellout at Memorial Stadium with 84,000 other Husker enthusiasts. All the stadium portals read:
I must say that I agree: these fans are committed, devoted, and zealous. The entire town shuts down on game day, hours early, because tailgate parties are happenin' all around the stadium. It is super legit. And, yes, of course, they wear corn on their heads to the football games! Duh!
They call themselves "The Sea of Red"; can you guess why?
 Also, please notice the second largest video screen in the USA (Only the Dallas Cowboys have a larger one). The band was absolutely great!
And, I got to sit on the 8th row! I was soo incredibly close, it was AWESOME!!! The atmosphere was the loudest, and most energized I have ever been a part of, and I really enjoyed the 40-7 massacre on the University of Tennessee Chattanooga. 
So, that's it, Husker football! It's kinda a big deal back here in what I affectionately refer to as "The Wilderness". Speaking of the Wilderness...

I've had and interesting week of food. The law school sponsored various free lunches all week for different information sessions, however, they catered the same food all week; either Valentino's Pizza or Jimmie John's Sandwiches. But, it was the following Runza that stole the cake this week for most interesting eats. This Nebraska original is a hamburger and fried cabbage filled sandwich. I'm just gonna hafta letcha imagine what it tastes like.
A Nebraska Original: Runza
Husker soccer is also pretty great! They just barely lost to #3 North Carolina 2-1, but hey, at least we scored.
But, I must admit, that as exciting as a UNL Husker game is, my heart was throbbing the entire BYU game, and I am so, so excited that they won! GO COUGS!!! Big game next week v. Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment