Sunday, September 18, 2011

Week 4

Week 4 - Well, watcha think I been doin'?


Yup, that's right. Study, study, study. Fun, right? I know. Why study so much? Well, besides wanting to do well... Imagine you're sitting in class minding your own business. The professor is talking at 100 miles an hour when all of a sudden your name rings out. There's no way around it. Even when used in a humane manner, the process is inherently intimidating.

There is nothing quite like being called on without prior notice in front of a large group of peers and being expected to speak articulately and intelligently about a question you've never thought about before. It's just enough to make anyone anxious.

Although I have been called on in class many times, it was just this week that I was "grilled" for a straight 35 mins in my Civil Procedure course. It was intense.

Beyond the classroom, we had the ward over to the house. I ate corn on the cob straight off the grill:


And now... Ladies and Gentlemen, please meet my new singles ward...


Also, The Blue Angels were flying all over town. They were pretty cool, and are well synced. With the recent news of the Reno airshow, I am very grateful none of them crashed on me while I was running, in church, or class.


Overall, pretty great week. Lots of schoolwork, but I am really enjoying the material. I just don't enjoy the quantity of material. It is hard to wrap a head around hundreds of pages of work every night. And now, back to the books.


3 comments:

  1. Good work Caleb, keep up the hard work. Wow, the Blue Angels! I use to have a poster of them along with the the Air Forces Thunderbirds.
    Well, I think I am going to start watching and cheering for the Huskers the rest of the season as the Cougars don't want to be very competitive this year. What a frustrating lost to our rivals, I guess a good year to be a Husker fan, so if you have any gear that would help me cheer them on, send it my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Blue Angels train in my home town! We use to sit at watch at recess for weeks! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a locker? And...35 minutes in a row of straight grilling? You smart boy, you. Remember when I sat by you studying for the LSAT in the library once upon a time? Oh, and I laughed out loud at the picture of your Singles Ward. It's hoppin.

    ReplyDelete