Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Week 6

The College of Law held their annual "Mel Shinn" Day this past week. Mel Shinn Day is a special day of activities held each year in honor of a venerated law student's love for life and athletics. Mel Shin's (Class of 1966) untimely passing led his classmates to create the tradition of a day of activities and ffriendly competition, fun, and camaraderie. Activities such as basketball, tennis, dodge ball, a 5K run, mini-golf in the library, boccie, and badmitten were coupled with an all school picnic lunch for the enjoyment of all the law students.

I participated in the 5K run and broke 20mins, and actually won the 1L competition. Not too shabby for a long-distance runner. I also participated in the mini-golf in the library which was absolutely hysterical and super fun-everything from hitting the ball in the elevator to having to go through a projector and around bookcases, and down the stairs. It was a rather enjoyable break from the demands of legal studying. You might also imagine the countless law students attempting to study in the gallery, but mainly ended up just watching the student golfers as they passed by.


This week I also had the opportunity to have the Missionaries come over for dinner with my friend from law school - Leslie. It was Elder Powell's first day and he was able to give my friend Leslie a Book of Mormon. She excitedly accepted the copy and his invitation to read from it. I am grateful for the wonderful missionaries that Heavenly Father has put in our ward, and I am also grateful for the opportunities I have each and every day to share the truths and principles of the gospel with many who don't know what my beliefs are. It has been a very rewarding experience getting to do so.

For FHE this week our ward got together and played kickball. We had a very large turnout and a fun bought - and although nobody knows who won, it was pretty fun. The ward here is great and I'm so glad that I am able to participate in the activities that they have.

Well, see these books behind me, I had better get back to all of them. Gotta lot to do in the next three years. Classes are going well, but have alot coming up in the near future, including my first written memo (aka "The Dreaded Memo). In the meantime, keep the peace, eat your vegetables, and hava tona fun! Miss ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment